Thursday Evenings: 6 - 8:30PM
In this class, students will paint landscapes, seascapes, portraits, a subject of choice, and more. This class is for any painter who wants to explore the expressive qualities of watercolor and build confidence with the medium. Come with no art training or experience of any sort.
Students will learn the following:
· Traditional techniques including wet-on-wet, dry brush, lifting, washes, color mixing, and negative painting
· Color identity, transparency, and intensity
· How to control the watercolor medium while exploring spontaneity
· How to create resist areas with masking fluid
· Brush identity and the variety of brush strokes available to you through practice
· If the outcome is not what you envisioned, it can still be made to work!
There will be demonstrations, introduction to several master painters, paintings in your sketchbook, and on 9x12" watercolor paper. The atmosphere of encouragement will make this a class you will weekly enjoy. Come and be inspired in beginning (or contributing) to your own body of artwork.